In 1824, on the grounds of Château du Dragon, there were a farm building and a Class 5 house, owned by the de Vigneras family. This estate was divided by inheritance around 1850. In 1860, Mrs. Jardel-Laroque, née Gérard, acquired land at Dragon and had a Class 2 house built, completed in 1862. In 1874, J.-A. Charriol bought this property, partially demolished the existing house, and built a new complex, the château, completed in 1876 and 1877. He also had stables, a gatehouse, and a magnificent pagoda-shaped dovecote built alongside the château, all of which can still be seen today.

In 1882, the castle was acquired by Herman Cruse's widow, Sophie Lawton, and remained in that family for many years. During the Second World War, it was occupied by the German army, as were other castles in Bouliac, and some local craftsmen were forced to carry out maintenance work there.
At the end of the 20th century, the castle was converted into a retirement home, but the cessation of its activity marked the beginning of the estate's neglect. It quickly fell victim to theft and vandalism.




